*MY* Top WordPress Plugins
Okay- these are my favourite Wordpres plugins, the one ins MY opinion are the bst and need to have. These are the ones I use everyday. These are the plugins that I upload immediately after I install a blog or even post for the first time. I like plugins that track visitors, see what they are reading and help provide more of what they are looking for. I also like plugins that help reader find what they need on the site and help the site get indexed- often the same thing.
1. Google Sitemap Generator Plugin This plugin creates compliant XML-Sitemap of your WordPress blog. Whenever you edit or create a post, your sitemap will be updated and all major search engines are notified about the update. Set up and forget about it.
2. a) SEO Title Tag Relatively simple to setup. Allows you to manually change the title tags ( the title that shows up in browser) of each post. You can also change your site title. If this means nothing to you- it will. If you are new to SE0 or setting up a blog for first time – the keywords in your title post are what search engines use to help identify your content for searchers. It can make for less awkward post titles 9 which by default is the title of that post’s page.
2. b) All in One SEO Pack plugin for wordpress. Is perfect. Easy to install an duse and does exactly what it says it will do. Customize your title pages and descriptions as well as know out duplicate content but adding noindex to your archive and category pages. A must have plugin.
3. Sociable WordPress Plugin : This plugin puts social bookmarking site icon just at the bottom of each post- making it easier for easier to share in the favourite social media ( Digg, etc) .
4. Adsense Deluxe Plugin Allows you to use your customized Adsense code pretty much in the fly. Paste the code you have generated on the Google Adsense Site into options and be able to insert that code into a post, whenever you like. You can also used to insert pretty much any other type of code that use use frequently. The downside of the code is it does limit ability to track which ads are working- but it is a huge time saver to quickly put in your AdSense code. I don;t use it as much anymore- I prefer to do code up manually an track how different ads are working/reforming.
5. WP-Amazon : A plugin for Amazon affiliates. Use the plugin in to automatically add Amazon content to your post- with your affiliate ID. I don’t use it so much anymore. Latest version does NOT work with WordPress 2.2 + and Internet Explorer.
6.Related Posts WordPress Plugin, You can see it in action below this post. You can define how many related post to insert. Can be tricky to install if you are not familiar with code- instructions on the site may be difficult beginning bloggers. Related posts plugin will help reader find related material AND by cross linking helps site be indexed. A must have. I like this better than “most popular posts” type plugin, which can similar things in terms of cross-linking. I find that with busier sites the most popular posts can be artificially high- I have posts on popular siotes ranked as popular post becasue of spam artists looking for certain terms and aren’t necessarily what readers READ the most.
Do you have a favourite Plugin? Please share.