How do I make a request to Google for reconsideration of my site?
Have you decided that your page rank IS important to you? It might be if that is key factor in attracting advertisers to your site.
If you have been using PayPerPost, Text Link Ads or Text Link Brokers and your formally healthy page rank is gone and you now have page rank zero, then you most likely have a penalty. it is fairly easy to have penalty removed and have some of not all of your PR restored by Google.
Steps To Getting Your Page Rank Restored By Google
1. Add nofollow tags to perceived paid links ( i.e. PPP blog posts). Instruction for add no follow tags to your posts. I would not outright delete your PayPerPost posts as they add content your your site. You can also flat out get rid of the active link in post.
2. Get rid of Text Link Ad scripts and remove Text Link Broker links. Weight income you get vs. perceived value of your page rank.
3. Add no follow tags to your other paid ads. if you have advertisers who have bought links or buttons, banners, add nofollow tags to their links. Inform advertisers you have done so.
4. Remove any PayPerPost logos, etc.
5. “Blogger Disclosure” you may want to re-word or remove. Some sites actually use an image or graphic of the text.
Go to Google site and request reconsideration. Go Here Sign in with your Google account and add your site. ( they verify you are in fact owner).
State your case. Don’t get emotional or give them sob story. They don;t care,. Just state facts. Tell them what you have done and ask for them to reconsider your page rank. State the you do not have any paid ads on your site. period.
If your site is not included in Google’s search results, and you believe that it does not violate our webmaster guidelines, you can ask Google to reconsider your site for inclusion in the index.
In addition, if you recently purchased a domain that you think may have violated our guidelines before you owned it, you can use the reconsideration request form to let us know that you recently acquired the site and that it now adheres to the guidelines.
To request reconsideration of your site:
1. Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools.
2. Under Tools, click Request reconsideration and follow the steps.